Sunday 12 July 2015

Musings on the loss of mojo.

Greeting Gentle Readers,

I fear this may be my last post for a little while. On Friday I sat at my painting table, brush in hand, and just stared into space. There was nothing there - no plan, no desire to paint, no urge to get into it. I have read of this happening to others, and I have been afflicted with mild versions of it myself in the past, but this felt so dramatically final it was almost frightening. And the situation is still the same now...

(Thanks are due to Ray Rousell for posing for the above picture).


So what causes it? I had a reasonably busy week at work, but not too stressful. There is nothing major looming in my life - no exams, no medical issues, no house moves, funerals or legal problems. I am still as good-looking as I always was, and I still have most of my lottery win left (£9.40), so why the loss of enthusiasm? Answers on a postcard please....

In the past when my interest started waning, I merely changed scales or periods, but such was my malaise, I didn't even want to bother trying that! Instead I am going to attack the problem from three fronts:

1) Read a book on a period I know nothing about in an attempt to fire something up,

and

2) Work on my long-neglected skirmish rules, with perhaps a trial game or two,

and

3) Tidy up the Shed of Delights to see what forgotten treasures I turn up.


Fingers crossed I'll have something to report sooner rather than later. Thank you for your patience.


Until next time....







No comments:

Post a Comment