Sunday 29 December 2019

A Saturday Evening Skirmish

No, not a small ruckus at Closing Time, but tinkering with my skirmish rules. We set up an objective (abandoned supply wagon with booty and a mutilated colonist - courtesy of the Whitechapel boardgame) and went to it with small forces of French Marines and British Rangers respectively. After a protracted but futile exchange of musket fire, things got to close quarters and the game was quickly decided once the Rangers lost two men and the remainder melted away in panic. The French held the field but presumably had to bury the poor unfortunate colonist.

What was learnt? We upped the 'charge' distance from three to six inches into Hand Combat. Clarified that if a figure moved it lost it's aiming markers (Doh!) and if you're in Hard Cover, don't leave it unless you have to!

Very enjoyable game, and having newbie Jeff with us to question events and rules really helped refine everything, so thanks Jeff, and well done Heather on good use of the terrain!










4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful and informative blogs, I want to share with you all on this blog on how I received finance support from a reputable loan company via cf-loans@outlook and whatsapp +393510140339, I contacted them when I came across these contact online when a lady from mexico were giving a testimony about a loan finance then I decided to give a try that when I get my loan to expand my business at the rate of 2% ROI repayment. I'm so happy that I decided to share with anyone here looking for an affordable loan to reach out for this great opportunity. thank you blog admin.
    I hope my short life story changes someone's life out there.

    ReplyDelete