Monday 14 July 2014

Fantasy Tavern: The Serpent's Gain

I have completed the baseboard for the tavern. In retrospect I wish I'd gone for MDF or ply rather than foamcard, as it may get damaged easily, but hey, that's hindsight for you!

At any rate I have used the last of my flagstone flooring (from the old Standard Games Floorplans set - remember those?) so if I chose to improve it I would have to source some more of those or similar (GW for example).

I must own up here to stealing the tavern's name (The Serpent's Gain) from this wonderful website:
http://www.seekingsolis.co.uk  I hope the author doesn't mind too much, but I thought it wonderfully evocative.

So that's the 2D part of the project, what about furniture, etc. I hear you cry? I am basing the furniture on floorplan offcuts glued to thin ply so they can be moved about as necessary, thus:

 

and thus:

 
 
That's all for now, I will update some of the other completed parts later in the week.

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment