Sunday 2 August 2015

A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away.....


Greetings Gentle Readers,

I am planning to enter a local X-Wing Miniatures Game tournament to be held later this month at A Fistful of Dice, and as I have barely played the game, let alone fired a laser in anger I thought I'd better attend X-Wing Boot Camp. So, fourteen YouTube videos later I am now getting my head around the nuances of what looked (at first glance) as a simple game!

If you haven't tried it then I suggest you do - it is great fun and easy to get into. I now have the basics under my belt, and  am discovering the depth of tactics involved - don't be fooled, it is a very skilful game, and luck plays a very small part in the outcome.

Here a lone Z-95 Headhunter ( a precursor to the famous T65 X-Wing) is hunting down a stray Tie Fighter:




The down side? There are lots and lots of lovely ships to buy, and more coming out all the time! I also have to absorb the additional Tournament Rules, and plan my galaxy-conquering 100 point squadron!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment