Thursday 17 September 2015

Hello Again!

Greetings Gentle Readers,


I'M BACK......



Long time no see, as my Grandad used to say when he retired from the Royal Navy.... I apologise for my absence, and hops this missive finds you all well. My loss of Mojo was accompanied by a loss of wife, family and marital home, along with all my hobby stuff (I mean ALL my hobby stuff!!!!!), all of which was my own fault, and not really to be discussed here. Bottom line is that I am living out of a suitcase, and have nothing hobby-related to my name except a small box of dice. No matter - what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, and life goes on.


So what have I done to satisfy my hobby cravings in the absence of figures, scenery, paint, etc, etc? I turned to Munchkin by Steve Jackson Games. I'd heard of the game but never got round to playing it, and after spotting it in my FLGS, a good friend purchased it for us to play. We have since tackled our first game (see below - how very civilized!) with much hilarity, and I can thoroughly recommend it. Elegant mechanics means that once you get your head round the basic concept it flows really well.



On a serious note, reading all your Blogs (albeit on my phone!) has kept me going through some difficult times so a heartfelt

 
..to you all. Unfortunately my position precludes me from joining this year's Secret Santa and Santa Clause initiatives, but eventually I will be hobbying and blogging again - whether you like it or not!


Until next time...............


No comments:

Post a Comment