Wednesday 1 June 2016

A Nerf is a Nerf.......Creating The Clockwork Rifle



Greetings Gentle Readers,

Just a quick post to illustrate how I created the Clockwork Rifle for my Dinosaur Hunter steampunk character.

These are the basic parts - everything but the black tubing came from charity shops - total price about £6. The gun is a Nerf Stockade. In the end I discarded the silver 'space' pistol as it didn't look right.

Stripped down and with added details - this was done with cogs, gears, bits from the bits box, and oddments from all round the house - if it looked right I stuck it on!

Spraying all the components in my state-of-the-art Spray Booth......Plasti-Kote primer first then metallic bronze.

All the bits were left to dry thoroughly for days.

Detail of the detailing (if you see what I mean).

The sight with details.

A view of the clockwork mechanism.

The sight, with teddy bear eye and added Verdigris.

The Toxin Injector (essential for bringing down the larger dinosaurs).

The finished gun, complete with further detailing and added strap.


The whole project was a labour of love, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have been teaching myself leathercraft so I could create the strap, and I can now cut, shape and join leather in a variety of ways, so next stop: Holsters and Utility Pouches! People at Comic Con were very complimentary of the rifle (or Dolores, as I call her), so it was worth the effort.


Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment