Tuesday 23 September 2014

Elegy from a Country Churchyard

Just a short post about the completed churchyard for my 15mm AWI terrain. I completed the Magister Militum church back in August, but it looked a bit stark and bare:

 
So I built a small churchyard using some cut-down Renedra fencing and Peter Pig gravestones and tree. I was careful to leave enough room inside to take a battalion of two bases, 60mm x 30mm:
 
 

So once it was fully painted I flocked it with dark green grass powder. This looked too bare, so I added some coarse turf and some clumps of bushes and grass to make it look a tad more realistic:
 


 
And in situ:
 
 
....and finally, containing some highlanders:
 

Only a small side project, but enjoyable for all that. I'm currently working on a secret project for The Santa Clause, so Paint Table Saturday may suffer this week!


Until next time............
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment