Wednesday 14 January 2015

And Hell followed with him....

 
 
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts,
And I looked and behold: a pale horse.
And his name, that sat on him, was Death.
And Hell followed with him
 .....
 
 
 
Talk about building up your part! I am very pleased to be taking part in Roy Williamson's Play-By-Blog western gunfight over on his excellent Blog. He has just posted the Game Rules, and they're definitely worth a look, especially if you plan on dropping by to witness the action.
 
My character is The Ysabel Kid (the name shamelessly lifted from the J T Edson novels I enjoyed in my youth. Nowadays I struggle to read his writing!). Unlike my fellow contestants in the game I have decided against giving my character a back-story, as I believe every western needs a Mysterious Stranger: no-one knows where he cam from, or what demons were pursuing him. A steely glint in his eye told others not to mess with him, as much as the Colt Dragoon that could slip into his empty hand in an instant.....well, you get the idea.
 
Many thanks to Roy for supplying and indeed painting The Ysabel Kid so well. 
 
To my fellow gunfighters I say this (in a softly-spoken drawl, laced with menace):
 
"Watch out,                                                Bad Luck McGill
Billy Whistler
Bladen Kleric
Buck McIntosh
Eric Johansen
and possibly Reuben Bendix.
 
I know who you are. I'm coming for ye, and I plan to raise me some cain........"
 
 
 
Until next time.....


No comments:

Post a Comment