Thursday, 22 January 2015

Lion Rampant Ongoing Progress

Just in case you thought I had abandoned my Lion Rampant plans, I managed to complete the unit of mounted men-at-arms for my Wars of the Roses force. Not my best work by a long shot, but suitable for the tabletop. These plastic Perry Miniatures are very nice figures and complement the metal range of miniatures.

They aren't varnished yet, which should stop them looking quite so garish. My normal routine is a coating of purity seal, then a light spray of army painter's anti-shine. I may have to then 'brighten up' the armour elements with gloss varnish (or possibly satin). All advice welcome!

I will decorate the bases of all the troops once they're completed, I normally do a lot of figures in one go as I find it easier. Usual sequence is mixed sand/rocks, painted Burnt Umber, drybrushed gradually with Desert Yellow and Skeleton Bone. I then add some static grass, plus grass clumps and tufts from various manufacturers.

Until next time...............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation now in use.