You will never guess what the postman brought me today!
Oh, you knew. Fair enough! It is of course the wayward and much-anticipated Post Windmill replacement from Sarissa Precision. It only took 18 days to get to me - this is due to a phenomena known as Pendragon's Law: It has similarities to to Murphy's Law (ie If it can go wrong it will) - Pendragon's Law is 'If it can lost or damaged in the post it will be - the delay inversely related to how desperately I am awaiting said parcel'.
In Sarissa's defence the original replacement was apparently returned to them in bits 'Looking like it had been run over' (Sarissa Steve's words) '...by a truck carrying 4Ground products' (My Words LOL). This therefore is the replacement for the replacement of the faulty original - a fine example of Pendragon's Law in action.
Steve was kind enough to include a German Field Wagon with my parcel which is appreciated.
On other fronts, this weekend sees the return of our lodger to his native Belgium. This means I can appropriate the dining room table again and set up my painting area. Three weeks is far too long not to lift a brush!
- 28mm Indian Mutiny using WRG's Fire and Steel Rules or Songs of Drums and Shakoes.
- 15mm American War of Independence using Steve the Wargamer's variant of Will McNally's Rules or perhaps Andy Callan's Loose Files & American Scramble.
- 28mm Wars Of the Roses with Lion Rampant
- 28mm English Civil War with this Lion Rampant variant.
- 28mm Early Medieval using Lion Rampant.
- 28mm WW2 (Normandy and beyond) using Bolt Action.
- 28mm Dark Ages with Lion Rampant, using the variant published in Wargames Illustrated, or Victory With Honour (from Wargames Vault).
- Lots of scenery, much part-completed
- Plus: WW2 Naval, Perhaps some Pellucidarian Lost World Pulp games, I am also intrigued by Frostgrave from North Star. Looking ahead we have the Conan game due later this year too....
As usual I won't achieve half of the above, and will be continually sidetracked by some new shininess, but I hope there will be something for everyone! You are, of course, all welcome along for the ride.
Until next time.....